Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blackberry Basil Jam



As soon as I saw Giada make Blackberry Basil jam on TV, I knew I *had* to make it. Immediately. I adore basil--and what is more summery than blackberries and basil together? So I got the ingredients and gave it a try. It is, in my humble opinion, deliciousness on a spoon! But what is more delicious, you ask? I'll tell you--some artisan bread, spread with soft goat cheese and topped with this crazy good jam.

Blackberry Basil Jam (adapted from Giada De Laurentiis)

*1 16 ounce package frozen blackberries, thawed and juice reserved
*4 cups of fresh basil leaves
*2/3 cup sugar
*1 large orange, juiced
*1 medium lemon, juiced
*1/2 tsp fresh lemon zest (my own addition)

Combine basil, sugar, orange juice, and lemon juice in food processor and combine until smooth. Meanwhile, put blackberries and juice in a heavy bottom pan and mash berries with a fork. Add basil mixture and lemon zest to pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring occassionally. Remove from heat and let cool for 1 hour. Place in air tight container and refrigerate. Will keep for 3 days.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wendy,

    It´s me, Sanna! I like the name of your blog and although you didn´t have to, I think it´s sooo sweet of you to hang some dancing swedes up in your window - just for me!! ;)

    Your photos are fine! I mean it! And you have a talent for writing. Fun and entertaining and a good sense of humor. I have to read through your recipes, I saw some yummie stuff and I am always on the lookout for that! And why not throw in some fashion and Kate in the Middle-ton-it? LOL.

    Yes, the coffee is so good! And a lot of it haha! Must try vanilla, sounds delicious.

    Have a good day my friend!
    Sanna

    ReplyDelete