Friday, June 10, 2011

Honey & Jalapeno Glazed Chicken Over Soba Noodles

I found this recipe by Robin Miller during a google search for "soba Noodles." You know, in my quest to make lunch more exciting because nobody in my family likes soba noodles. So much so I can't serve them for dinner.

Until I made this dish.

Oh my. This packs a ton of flavor and is very easy to make! I did some tweaking to Robin's recipe. I took out the green onion so the jalapeno would shine. I doubled the meat and the sauce. I added some toasted sesame seeds to the noodles. And if you want to put in some veggies, you can add shredded carrots, snow peas, etc. Or some fresh diced mango.

But this is so freaking good that my husband--the soba noodle protester--not only ate it, had seconds, and told me to make it again.

Victory!

Honey & Jalapeno Glazed Chicken Over Soba Noodles (adapted from Robin Miller)

*12 ounces soba noodles
*2 jalapenos, seeds and ribs removed, and minced
*2/3 cup local honey
*1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
*1/2 tsp salt
*Fresh cracked pepper
*6 TBSP water
*4 tsp olive oil
*1 rotisserie chicken, skin removed and shredded OR four chicken breasts, roasted and shredded (you can do this step the night before if you want.)
*Mango or veggies (a few cups of shredded cole slaw mix, snow peas, shredded carrots, etc if you desire)
*3 TBSP Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
*2 tsp Sesame oil
*2 TBSP pickled ginger, minced (you can get this in the grocery store next to the take away sushi.)

Bring a large pot of water to a boil for soba noodles. Cook according to package directions and drain. Let them hang out while you prep chicken.

In a food processor/blender, combine minced jalapeno, honey, salt, pepper, and cilantro to make a paste. Add water and blend to make a sauce.

In a large skillet, heat up olive oil. Add chicken, vegetables or mango if using, and sauce. Cook until hot and veggies are soft (and in the case of cabbage, wilted.)

Prepare soba noodles: add soy sauce, sesame oil, pickled ginger to noodles and toss.

To serve: Put soba noodles in bowl. Top with chicken and sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and fresh chopped cilantro.

No comments:

Post a Comment