Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Roasted Peaches with Greek Yogurt

I love fresh peaches. Like LOVE them. But I *detest* how fast they spoil. Quite the quandry, yes? But I found a recipe from Health Magazine for roasted peaches and though, "Hmmmmmmmmmm I could roast them and keep them in the fridge! Hurrah!"

But of course, I had to tweak the original recipe. Instead of honey I used agave nectar. I swapped dried lavender for the fresh. And instead of serving them with marscapone cheese, I went with healthy, protein rich Greek Yogurt. FAB!

Roasted Peaches with Greek Yogurt

*Four peaches, halved (you can also use fresh apricots if you wish)
*Agave nectar
*Dried lavender (I got mine in the loose tea section at Central Market. Brace yourself...several tablespoons was .18 cents. HA!)
*Lemon
*2 percent Greek Yogurt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Put one tablespoon of unsalted butter in a baking dish. Put peaches in cut side up. Drizzle with agave nectar. Zest some fresh lemon over the top. Finish with a light sprinkle of dried lavender.

Bake for 30 minutes.

Serve warm or cold over Greek yogurt. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment