Friday, July 2, 2010

Recipe O The Day: Lentil Spread

Looking for a protein-packed alternative to hummus? Yeah, me too! Luckily I found one in Tosca Reno's The Eat-Cleant Diet Recharged book. This is cheap to make, very easy, and tastes delicious with Ezikel bread, veggies, etc. In fact, today my lunch consists of two tomatoes, two baby cucumbers, roasted red peppers, Ezikel bread and this dip, along with fresh watermelon and Greek yogurt. Yum!

I modified Tosca's recipe a bit. I swapped olive oil for avocado oil. I do not like green onions so I omitted those, and used garlic powder instead of real garlic. (Lazy.) Turned out just fine, though!

Lentil Spread

*2 tbsp walnuts
*1 cup cooked lentils
*Sprinkle of onion powder
*1/4 tsp garlic powder
*1 tbsp whole grained mustard
*2 tbsp olive oil
*1 tbsp soy sauce
*Fresh black pepper

Place all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth. Add water a little at a time to get the dip consistency you like. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment