Thursday, July 22, 2010

Recipe O The Day: Pan Grilled Pork Chops with Balsamic Drizzle

So my new issue of Bon Appetite came in the mail yesterday. Oh, happy day, I love getting magazines in the mail. Actually, I love getting them anytime because I'm a magazine slut but I digress.

Inside I found a recipe for brined pork chops with balsamic drizzle. Hmmm. I hate brining, the meat tastes way to salty for my liking afterwards, but I do love balsamic vinegar. So I skipped the brining, grilled my chops, and made the balsamic drizzle to go on top. Yum! Dinner is done in 15 minutes! WARNING: Reducing vinegar on the stove can be kind of stinky, so run your fan and light a candle. Mr. Paco did complain about the smell of boiling vinegar, but I ignored him because I'm all about the good sauce.

Pan Grilled Pork Chops with Balsamic Drizzle

*4 pork chops
*Olive Oil
*Salt
*Pepper
*3/4 cup good balsamic vinegar
*1 TBSP unsalted butter

Brush each side of each shop with olive oil; sprinke with salt and pepper. Heat gril pan over medium heat and grill until cooked through.

Meanwhile, boil balsamic vinegar for five minutes (until liquid is reduced to 1/4 cup.) Reduce heat to low; whisk in butter. Season with salt and pepper.

Plate pork chops, drizzle vinegar over top. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Perfect timing - I just got home from the grocery and bought...pork chops!

    ReplyDelete