Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Recipe O The Day: Whipped Ricotta and Fruit

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. I have found a new lucious treat that is actually good for you.

Whipped ricotta cheese.

Yes, ricotta is *not* just for lasagna or stuffed pasta. It is simply DIVINE when whipped for a creamy texture, sweetened with a touch of honey, vanilla extract and lemon zest. Luscious is the word that comes to mind...I adapted this recipe from Nathan Lyon and thank you, Nathan, for some creamy goodness that won't make me blow out of my new Ann Taylor pants...

Whipped Ricotta Cheese

*2 cups of low-fat ricotta cheese
*1/3 cup honey
*1 tsp grated lemon zest
*1 tsp vanilla extract

Whip all ingredients in mixer with paddle attachment for three minutes. Scrape down sides of bowl with a spatula and whip again for three minutes. Now it is done.

Serve with fresh fruit. (I am eating mine with fresh organic raspberries today.)

1 comment:

  1. I made a lot of something very similar to this when I was in my South Beach phase, just used Splenda i/o honey and sometimes switched out vanilla for almond extract. Of course, I couldn't hack the no carb stuff, so that diet only lasted two weeks! And now I'm on a no-Splenda (or any other artifical sweetener) kick. I shall try this treat again with honey, though!

    ReplyDelete