Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Spicy Black Bean and Grilled Pineapple Tacos

Oh my. Oh my. These are FREAKING fab! I saw a recipe for Grilled Pineapple Tacos from Fresh365online.com and was intrigued. Of course, I had to add more to it: spicy black beans, fresh diced tomato, organic shredded white cheddar cheese, slices of avocado. DELICIOUS AND HEALTHY! What is not to LOVE?

Spicy Black Bean and Grilled Pineapple Tacos

*One can spicy black beans (or you can make your own spicy black beans if you are inclined)
*Pineapple rings (I bought mine fresh in the produce section. I wouldn't used canned rings, too syrupy.)
*Whole Wheat Tortillas
*One avocado, sliced
*One tomato, diced
*Shredded organic cheddar cheese
*Shredded lettuce (I used Mache but use whatever you like best)

Heat the black beans in a saucepan.

Meanwhile, while beans are heating, grill your pineapple rings. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Put pineapple rings on pan, grill for five minutes. Spray rings with cooking spray and flip, grilling for another five minutes. Set aside when brown and carmalized.

Heat tortillas.

Cut pineapple rings into tidbits. Assemble your tacos and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made the grilled pineapple recipe you sent me last week - loved it! Excited to try with black beans!

    ReplyDelete